Manned Guarding actively includes any of the following:
1. Guarding premises against unauthorised access or occupation, against outbreaks of disorder or against damage.
2. Guarding property against destruction or damage, against being stolen or against bering otherwise dishonestly taken or obtained.
3. Guarding one or more individuals against assault or against injuries that might be suffered in consequence of the unlawful conduct of others.
All of the above includes providing a physical prescence, or carrying out any form of patrol or surveillance, as to deter or otherwise discourage it from happening or to provide information, if it happens, about what has happened.
A Security licence is required when manned guarding activity that does not fall under the descriptions of Door Supervision, Close Protection, Cash and Valuables in Transit, or Public Space Surveiallnace (CCTV) is undertaken.
The course consist of three days training and covering three modules, upon successful completion the learner will have achieved a nationally recognised qualification which in turn will allow them to then apply to the SIA (Security Industry Authority) for their SEcurity Officers licence. This currently costs £220.00 and lasts for a period of three years.
The three modules covered are:
1. Working within the Private Security Industry
2. Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
3. Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
To test the knowledge and understanding of each of the modules the learner will sit a multi-choice examination at the end of each module
If you would like any further information about the course or what is involved then please dont hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you in any way we can.
Please enquire for future dates
Unit 33, Bolton Technology Park,
We are pleased to announce that we have secured, through our partnerships, a massive 2.7 Million pounds worth of funding.